Wednesday 2 March 2011

just one.

if i had just one summer with you.

give me just the time, the money, the weather to sew my dreams together and i'd make it all ours.

patchwork collaborations of memories, longings, hopes, aspirations and we'd live it all out together.

bicycle rides through green local villages straight from childhood memories, and we'll giggle at pub names.

long sunday mornings with no-where to go but maybe the corner shop to buy eggs for breakfast.

i'll dress up for you, you'll take me out, hold my hand, take me no further than that bar we always walked past but never went in: it's a glamorous paradise right outside my front door when i'm with you.

we'll dance in my bedroom, in our lounge room, in bars, in streets, in fields.

we'll lay on the grass and watch all the families and friends being together at festivals.

we'll stay up late, intoxicated, elated, watching our favourite bands together or discovering new music.

we'll beg for the sun to stay down just so we can lay together that little bit longer.

i'll throw parties and show you off, show us off, laugh and talk well into the night.

we'll watch the new harry potter movie together.

we'll see each other's bare legs and arms in public as we squint through rays of sunshine.





if i had just one summer with you, i'd never let you forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment