Friday 11 March 2011

refresh.

I really needed yesterday.

I know that the confidence it gave me is already leaking away, as I further analyse my data for my dissertation and realise that a lot of it goes against current opinion: and I may well get downgraded for having 'bad' data unless I can come up with a good alternative hypothesis...

ANYWAY.

I really needed yesterday.

I've been worrying a lot about the future. Finding work, and enjoyable work with prospects at that.

It was so inspiring to be:
i) communicating with the public
ii) interacting with young people
iii) working with people with a similar education to me but had varied experiences of the 'real world'
iv) see what else is going on in the world of science and research!

I've always thought that a career in science communication, working with the public and with young people, with aim to help them to find out about what's really going on in their world, would be amazing. To communicate and interact with people from all different walks of life, with the aim to help them formulate their own INFORMED opinion, would be so fulfilling and inspiring.

There is no way we are going to change this world without education. I understand that there is so much more to everything than this, but it's a vital starting point. Assuming we find ourselves a productive, pro-active, optimistic, selfless government one day...No matter how much money governments can move around to encourage change to make our world a healthier, happier, more sustainable, less deprived place for us and our children, change isn't going to happen without the people power behind it. Nothing can undergo permanent, good change in the right direction without the passion of an informed, united population behind it.

So maybe that's where I belong?

1 comment:

  1. An important point I forgot:

    I laid aside this as an idea of something that I would want to be involved with because I thought it would be too tough to get into...

    Nothing worth having comes around easy...

    ReplyDelete