Friday 1 April 2011

anger.

As I type, my ears are falling victim to 'Anger' tag radio on last.fm. Feel free to add your own background music. Just make sure it's angry.

In the past 4 years of study, I have had some wonderful wonderful experiences. Coming to university has been the single greatest decision I have ever made.

HOWEVER. When I graduate, I don't just want a BSc (Hons). I also want an Honorary Patience Diploma.

In the past four years of study, I have lived with some truly beautiful, intelligent, fun, enlightening, open minded and genuine people. And in their own little way, I have loved each and every one of them for the special person they are.

HOWEVER.

In the past four years of study, I have lived with some selfish, ignorant and dirty idiots too. I still value who they are and enjoy their company, and I have no doubt we will stay in touch. But I can't wait to not be sharing any of my space with them any more.

That you can share a living space with just 4 other friends without holding any regard for their lifestyle or attitudes is just mind boggling. And it never fails to be. I have hit breaking point so many times. I have cried so many times. I have screamed so many times. I have had countless patient little talks so many times. But it will never come to anything.

I know that there isn't long to go. I know that these people are my friends. But the fact that I know, and my friends know, and my family know that I am far from an unreasonable person- but that I am admitting that I am finding this to be a HUGE mental strain to maintain politeness around these people - has to mean something.

It's time to grow up now.

So clean your fucking shit up.

To put it bluntly, this is all I want:
Hoover floors at least once a week/ when they are dirty!
Clean the sink and draining board at least once a week/ when they are empty!
Empty the bins when they are full!
Wipe down the stove when you have finished cooking!
Clean out the microwave if you make it dirty/ notice it's already dirty!
Do you like looking at pubes on the sink while you're brushing your teeth? Clean the sink when it's dirty!
Clean the shower tray once a week/ when you can see it's dirty!
Put rubbish in the bin (that one's a real challenge.)
Abide by the rules of the contract: yes, our landlord is a dick. This doesn't mean that your disregard of the contract is a good way to get back at him: it means he is much more likely to keep our deposit...So yes, a bit of a paradox there. But just fucking do it, because it's my fucking money.

Basically: yes, it takes effort to keep a house clean. But we're adults living in a shared space. More importantly, we're friends living in a shared space. So respect our space, respect me, respect each other.

Yup.

Now I am going to go for a very very angry run and burn lots and lots of calories. Then I am going to get drunk.

Then I won't be angry anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment