Friday 29 April 2011

kate & will.

Yes, OK, I'm going there, a royal wedding post.

I didn't think I would be bothered by it, I didn't plan on watching it. But I did. And I enjoyed it too.

It's wonderful that we can feel so united as a nation. It's happened a lot in recent years; I don't know if it's because I'm just old enough to notice it or because of the economy that it's happening more.I think it's great that we can come together to protest and be passionate. But today, for once, we all came together and were united in celebration. Royalty amongst politicians amongst celebrities amongst everyone else, we were all celebrating one occasion together.

I think that's really beautiful. That the country (and the world) can be so complicated and divided, yet we are all united with the genuine happiness and hope that comes from seeing a young, beautiful, dignified couple starting their lives together.

A lot of the time I find it hard to find energy to be optimistic about my future in this complicated world, so apparently full or turmoil and traps; that everything will collapse on top of me as I struggle to strive forward into adulthood. As a soon-to-be graduate, I am genuinely concerned for the my future, my family's future, my future family's future and the future of the world, when it so consistently feels as though the odds are stacked against all of us. Days like today remind me that, no matter how complicated and difficult and intimidating times can be, love is a constant and over-riding factor.

Congratulations to William and Kate. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment